About Me

My photo
Student at Appalachian State living a double life in North Carolina and California. I love photography. Most of my pictures are taken with a Nikon D3000. These are the results of almost constantly carrying it with me. I'd love to get some experience with weddings, engagement shoots, family portraits, birthday parties, etc. I'd be happy to work something out :) Contact me with any comments or questions: codyandrewsphotography@gmail.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

Merlefest

This weekend, my parents flew from California to go to the bluegrass festival, Merlefest held every year in Wilkesboro, NC. Coincidentally, Appalachian State is about 40 minutes from Wilkesboro. My dad has wanted to go to Merlefest for years, and I think me going to school so close gave him and my mom an excuse to finally attend. Unfortunately, I had final exams for a couple of the days of Merlefest, but I was able to attend on Sunday! I had such a great time hanging out with my parents. I also saw some AMAZING musicians. I definitely fell in love with some of the groups that performed.

Here's the main stage. I loved the trees as the backdrop.


This group is called Crooked Still. They were absolutely phenomenal. Definitely bought their album there, and it's been on repeat ever since. 




While I was there, Tim O'Brien performed. He is one of my parents' favorite musicians. I decided to be bold and go up to the front of the stage and act like I knew what I was doing haha. It was really cool to be so close to an idol of my mom and dad. 





I guess you could say bluegrass music is finally growing on me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers